Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #66

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: Ink
Author: Amanda Sun
Release Date: June 25th, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look. 

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench. 

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness. 

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine. 

On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building. 

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets. 

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.

Everything about this book caught my interest, but what I'm most excited for is the fact that it's set in Japan. I haven't read any books based there yet, so I'm ready to dive in and experience the culture with the main character!

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday? 

14 comments:

  1. I'm also excited for this one. I rarely get to read books in Japan, and when I do, they are always set way back in the days of BCE or early CE.

    I'm excited for this one too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of this one is SO gorgeous, really...I want to read it almost solely based on that! Great pick!

    Bree :)
    My WoW @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, hadn't seen this one yet! Set in Japan? Wicked!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added this to my wishlist last week, I love the cover and the synopsis. Sounds quite unique. Great choice :)
    Here is my WoW .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds spooky good...and with a lovely setting. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has been on my list for a while too! Great pick!!

    Here's My WoW

    xo
    jaime

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I simply love the cover.I really can't wait to read this one. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cover and the synopsis. It sounds great!! OLD FOLLOWER!
    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a captivating choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything that was based in Japan either! Sounds like something I would probably really like :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited to see that writers are branching out to other countries/mythologies than just European. The cover looks neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cover fgjdkljkjflgbfd
    Set in Japan? How awesome is that!! I hope it turns into a goodread

    ReplyDelete