Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #89

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: Side Effects May Vary
Author: Julie Murphy
Release Date: March 18th, 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? 

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

This one sounds like it's going to be SUCH a good contemporary!  I have nothing more to say other than I need it ASAP!

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. I love emotional contemporary books but I always tend to put them off because I know they will make me cry!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your illustrations are gorgeous by the way!

    This book sounds really, really good! And I love that cover! Okay, sorry for the exclamation overuse, it is 1 am :)

    Here's my WoW!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome YA Contemporary ! I might chance reading this one !

    My WoW !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooaaaah!!! I've GOT to have this!!! Please, right now!!! This sounds so amazing, I can't even handle it :D thanks SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this one my to read list radar. Nice pick!

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is on my long TBR list :) Great pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-let-the-storm-break/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just added it on Goodreads - dayum, I need this now :c great pick, new bloglovin' follower

    Check out my WoW here and don't forget to enter my blogaversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this one a little while ago and it sound SO GOOD! Added to the Goodreads! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE contemps with bigger issues, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this one as well. I can't wait for it either!

    Great pick!
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds like it starts out so funny and then it takes a turn for the awkward! Sounds like my type of book! Thanks for the heads up!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cover...so simple. It reminds me of a chalkboard. I don't think they have those anymore, lol. New follower via Bloglovin'.

    Rather Be Reading YA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an interesting concept, and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting concept! A good one, too, I think. Hope the book's as good as it sounds.

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds very intriguing.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying for this book!! I actually know the author (she's a local), so that makes me even MORE excited. I don't normally go for contemps, but this one has my name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this cover. This novel does sound really great. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete